Makes 8 tapas size portions
• 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
• 4 garlic cloves, minced
• 6 whole dried red chiles
• 1/4 cup minced flat-leaf parsley
• 3lbs. head-on jumbo Gulf shrimp (shelled, deheaded and deveined is about 2lbs)
• Crusty bread, for serving
1. Shell, dehead and devein your shrimp, rinse and pat dry.
2. In a very large, deep skillet, heat the olive oil until shimmering. Add the garlic, chiles and parsley and cook over moderately high heat for 10 seconds, stirring. Add the shrimp and cook over high heat, stirring once, until they are pink and curled, 3 to 4 minutes. Season with salt and transfer to small bowls. Serve with crusty bread.
Sprinkle the shrimp after they’re cooked with a crunchy sea salt, like flaky Maldon salt from England or chunky Sanlucar salt from Spain.