Join us for a very special event on Wednesday, June 9th, as we pair up with Angel Miranda, Chef/Owner of Lola’s, while he opens his home for a demonstration of new, global Spanish cuisine cooking techniques by acclaimed Spanish Chef Fernando Sanchez Gonzales assisted by Angel. Chef Fernando Sanchez Gonzales of Barbacana Restaurante & Tapas Bar near Madrid, has worked extensively in fine restaurants throughout Spain and has been invited to New Orleans to work with Lola’s staff to infuse some new spice into their current menu.
The evening will feature:
• Tapas cooking demonstration
• A sampling of 10 prepared dishes
• A tasting of 7 wines paired and provided by Swirl
• Lola’s fabulous Sangria
Angel and Fernando have put together an incredible menu for this evening:
Starters: Lola's Sangria and Tortilla de Patata
- Endivias con Queso Azul y Nueces paired with Avinyo Brut Cava
- Croquetas de Cangrejo paired with 2008 Gurrutxaga Txakolina, Txakoli
- Ensalata de Verduras con Vinagreta de Cafe paired with 2009 Gaciarevalo Casamaro Blanco, Rueda
- Vieras con Doble Crema de Puerros paired with 2009 Vina Mein, Ribeiro
- Carpaccio de Atun Rojo con Vinagreta de Wasabi paired with 2009 Joan D'Anguera Garnaxta, Monsant
- Bacalao Riojana paired with 2008 Arbanta Rioja
- Albondigas de Cordero paired with 2009 Mas Martinet Menut Priorato
Wednesday, June 9, 7 to 9pm, $40 per person, reservations and prepayment are required as attendance is limited to 40 people. Please call 504.304.0635 to reserve your spot.