Jazz Fest Central Round 2!
The energy in the neighborhood last week was incredible as we kicked off Jazz Fest 2017 with mostly good weather, amazing music and lots of backyard parties that continued well after the gates had closed. While we got a little cleansing rain yesterday, it looks like there's beautiful weather on the way. And with that extra day at the Fest on Thursday this week we want to be sure to give you and your out of town guests lots of reasons to stop in to shop for party beverages, check out all of the local art or just have a drink at the bar with friends and neighbors.
1. Check out one of New Orleans Own Famed Food Trucks - Arepas, tacos, and the intiguingly named "burri-tacos" are stuffed full of meat, beans, cheese, and general deliciousness can be had from La Cocinita's bright red food truck that parks in front of Swirl every Monday. Bring your dinner inside Swirl to eat and get your first glass of wine at half price! No reservations required.
2. Wine by Local Producers - People are always looking for "local" wines and we feel these great labels produced by some of our favorite New Orleanians should fit the bill and deliver a whole lot of quality. We've got James Moises' Oregon Pinot Noir in stock from Oregon a few wines from our friends at Vending Machine Wines in California. Open a bottle in house, take a few home, or we can ship!
3. Refreshing Beverages to Kick off Your Day at the Fest - Join us on Thursday, Friday, Saturday AND Sunday this week from 10:00-1:00 ish for our $4 mimosas, $6 aperol spritz or Erin's special bloody mary! - a Jazz Fest Swirl tradition!
4. Great Local Art on the Walls - Check out the really cool New Orleans themed work with local art from Shaun Aleman, Lizano’s Glass Haus and Julia Stefanski! Their original works start at just $20!!
5. Quality Selection of Wine and Beer - The perfect gift to thank you for hospitality? Bring them over to pick up a few bottles for the house or sit outside and watch the festers go by while enjoying a glass of wine and a cheese plate. How about a nice cold rosé to share on the bayou in the evening? The perfect end to a wonderful day at the fest!
6. Artisan Cheese, Local Chocolates - A nice selection of imported cheeses, olives, cured meats and local chocolates from Bittersweet confections await! Cheeses are cut into perfect cheese plate sized chunks and lots of great accouterments available to round out your presentation.
7. Try a Wine Flite at the Bar - What better way to kick off the second weekend of Jazz Fest 2017 than a flight of french rosé? And better yet, what if we poured that beautiful flight out of magnums? Nothing says party quite like a giant refreshing bottle of pink wine! The tasting is from 6-8pm but knowing that some of you can't wait 'til then, we'll be pouring the flight all day! If you do want to come between 6-8pm you may want to make a reservation to secure your spot as we are limiting the flight to 25 people.
8. More than 25 Wines by the Glass - Have a drink at the bar or sit outside with a cheese plate and watch the festers go by! And our selection of quality rose' is infamous! The perfect New Orleans